Sunday, April 7, 2019

Reflection

Reflection..

Hi I am Ethan Gaer and for my film opening I have chosen to create a playful action movie with a unique twist. The film is called never letting go. It was created with the help of Hannah Lassner, Sophie Solorana, and Dean Milan.
The film starts out by showing the first of two teenage girls, Hannah. Hannah is shown doing her entire morning routine.. Waking up, Brushing her hair, Putting on make up and picking out an outfit for the day. The whole nine yards!
We chose this because it shows Hannah as a teenage girl and someone who can relate to the audience. As the director, I wanted to have music and credits that fit the theme to a tee. So My team and I did exactly that! The bouncing blue credits and up beat music introduces a playful feel that the viewer can vibe to.
After the morning routine the film transitions to Hannah getting into the car to pick up her best friend Sophie. Sophie then casually walks out to see her best friend since first grade. As the two take off, they jam out to their favorite songs. Having the times of their lives.
The two friends arrive to the mall and right away Sophie starts dancing and fooling around. Hannah gets a bit embarrassed by her best friends silly antics. After several funny moments in different stores and in the photo booth they both head on over to the pool.
Finally after some playful banter and water throwing between the two girls They leave to go to their car. Nothing else would ever be the same!
My finished film opening challenges conventions of the usual happy action movie because of the big twist at the end! Usually playful movies have problems but not problems as serious as my film opening implied. This challenged the convention that everything needs to go well and nicely. I took this route to throw the audience off. Since we showed both friends getting into the car, the viewer can imply that there was an accident or something dangerous happened on the road. The ending got people thinking what happened and what's next.
My film opening will connect with audiences emotionally. Throughout the entire film, both friends are having so much fun by one each others side! My products engages with audiences all over the world. It engages with anyone that has ever had a true friendship. Almost everyone can relate to having a friend…so it is easy to connect to the audiences hearts.  It will engage the most with teenage girls and the friendships that they maintain. My film would be distributed throughout social media. I am not connected with big name producers yet but I can submit the film to film festivals across the country.
My production skills developed a ton throughout this project. I became great with storytelling along with how to deal with certain lighting situations. The mall was definitely a tough place to film but, I overcame that with the help of my crew. I am in Cypress Bay TV's weekly show aftershock and thought I was Mr. Know it all. Boy was I wrong! Directing is something I never imagined doing as i am usually on camera but, I got pretty good at it! I learned how to get the actors motivated and ready to take on the shoot. I orchestrated camera shots and different techniques. I learned more than I have ever thought I would.
We used a professional microphone a black magic camera, and some awesome camera gear from Dean Milan to produce this film! We used we-video to edit because in our type of film, complex editing wasn’t needed. The professional microphone was used to record the narration of the film. The black magic camera was used to capture high quality camera shots. We also used a car mount for our car scene. This allowed Hannah and Sophie to drive around and be filmed from the hood of the car!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULHT6f8M0eJMFSZYAJfhC_PfJ2wDOzpE/view?usp=sharing CCR is complete.